Claire is fabulously fashionable (I would say her style is rock-chick meets preppy), has the most enviable head of red curls, and always looks put-together. Today she's letting us in on her beauty secrets. For her, less is definitely more!
Hey everyone, I'm Claire from The View From Here (hopefully some of you have read my blog!). I primarily write about fashion, I care a lot about what I wear, but I'm not really a beauty products queen. I don't always bother to wear makeup - I've never even applied foundation. But when Leia and Sherin asked me to do a guest post, perhaps involving beauty products, I thought I'd do a top 5 of my essential lazy-girl products.
1) Red lipstick for nights out - I'm a recent convert. I bought a Chanel red lipstick when in Paris recently and it's so useful to have with me for those impromptu nights out, or those days when I know I have to glam up a little in the evening and can't be bothered to carry a whole makeup bag with me. There is a red lipstick out there to suit everyone!! The Chanel one I got, Rouge Allure, has at least 45 different shades of red. I'm a ginger girl with pale skin, if I can find one, you can too!
Red lips add instant glamour
2) Mac liquidlast liner - this is like tattooing your eyelids!! When they asked me at the MAC counter if I wanted their eyemakeup remover, I assumed they just wanted me to buy because of the commission. Hells no. This eyeliner lasts! Once it's on, it's on - no smudging, nothing shifts it. Not a day-to-day use, but ideal for an evening (slick on some of this, swoosh some mascara and a smidge of the red lippy and you're DONE for a 50s style makeup in quick time).
3) Vaseline - incredibly useful!! Not just for chapped lips/dry skin patches/greasing up keys, but also it works as an eye makeup remover, as I discovered when using the MAC eyeliner! Necessity is the mother of invention.
4) Benefit Benetint (or, if you're me, the cheap Me Me Me version) - it's a cheek AND lip tint. It's great for putting on underneath lip balm, for long lasting lip shading. Predominantly though, I use it for blusher. Not enough girls wear blusher!! A hint of pink on cheeks is cute! On the bone itself for a blushing effect, or below the cheek bone to highlight facial structure.
5) Palmer's Cocoa Butter body lotion - it's thick, it smells AMAZING and it works. They also have a marvellous lipbalm, which I don't see as an essential (why, when there's Vaseline??).
6) A good perfume - perfume is something I do wear on most days. It's one of those things which has such an effect on other people and can become a signature trait. For me, nahhh, it's all about switching it up for an exciting olfactory experience. Do I feel like I want to kick a bit of ass? Valentino Rock n Rose it is! How about some sultry times? Armani Code FTW.
Thanks for your excellent tips, Claire! I'm definitely going to try Vaseline as a make-up remover. Readers, do you use any of these products? What are your essential lazy-girl products?
And finally, do you want to guest post for HiFashion? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch with your ideas!