As I didn't have the best day in the world yesterday (Thursday), I thought it was the perfect opportunity to make a little inspirational board to cheer myself up and feel a bit better. Here's what's been inspiring me lately.
1) I'm one of those people who will have a new favourite song or band every week. Music is a huge part of me, and a good song can put me in a good mood for ages. I've recently gotten into Tribes and their début album is amazing. Definitely one of the best albums I've heard in a while, as it's pure rock, and they sound amazing.
2) Still on the topic of music, a guilty pleasure of mine: We Are The In Crowd. It's a bit on the 'pop' side compared to what I have on my playlists, but I'm hooked. Between the catchy songs which are a lot of fun to sing aloud to, and vocalist Taylor Jardine's stunning voice, their album is one that I've had on repeat for months, and still aren't bored of. And Jardine is also super cute with great style.
3) For me, nothing is as relaxing as reading a good book, which is exactly what I need to do after a long day like today. I love being immersed in a completely different world and living life through someone else's eyes.
4/10) I don't know why, but I've been itching to be constantly outdoors these days. I know it's cold, but I'm loving walking around, getting some fresh air and just enjoying the world. I also really want to be that girl, sitting in the sun, with her super cool Vans.
5) I have been slightly hooked on FreePeople's latest lookbook. It's so well shot and has some beautiful pictures. This dress just seems so perfect and I love how they styled it as well. Free People has some really gorgeous pieces in the January catalogue and I've been lusting over them all.
6) I want it to be really hot again, so that I can wear pretty dresses, and spend my days in the park, where the days are nice and long. I'm so bored of the short and dreary days we're currently experiencing in London.
7) I recently discovered a new brand: For Love And Lemons. Since I stumbled upon the website, I've been back many times to admire their SS12 Collection. The collection is so perfectly Summery, and I want it ALL! And the beautiful photos of the collection just makes me want everything more.
8) I'm a massive ice skating fan, and I've been a lot these last few months. These ice skates are absolutely amazing, especially for me, who loves a good heel. I'm not sure how practical they'd be, but no denying you'll look so stylish on the ice. I think I may have to try heeled skates now.
9) Louboutins: The perfect shoe. That's all I need to say.
11) I hated pink in my teens, but it's been growing on me lately. This whole outfit is so bright and I'd love to be able to pull off such bright colours like that.
12) I'm long overdue a haircut. I've booked myself in for one next week, but have no idea what I want to do. I definitely want to keep it long, but as to whether or not I want to keep the fringe is another question. Thoughts?
What's been inspiring you this week?